I want to introduce you to a fellow member of the Cricut-verse! Her name is Maura Casanovas. I met her on the Cricut Design Space with Melody Lane Facebook group. She posted this amazing project and was gracious enough to have me feature it on our page too!
This is a cardstock dream catcher, though it has many different kinds of applications and you would be able to easily trade out some of the materials to suit your liking. For instance the top layer could be done in faux leather. Please see my video below for my attempt at it with my daughter’s help. Feel free to skip ahead through some parts. 😉
- Base layer – Solid Color Cardstock
- Second layer – Glitter Cardstock – though you could add glitter to normal cardstock or skip this layer
- Top layer – White Cardstock or Faux Leather
- Double sided foam tape (or for less dimension you could just glue layers together with crafting glue)
- Ceramic or plastic flower (could be replaced with paper flower)
- Jump rings (optional)
- Jewelry wire (or faux leather string or 1/8 inch ribbon to match)
- Feathers or Cardstock to cut out feathers
- Ribbon for a top hanger (I recommend either a 1/4 or 1/8 inch wide ribbon in Gossemer or Satin for strength… though leather or rope would work too. It depends on the look you’re going for.)
- Hole punch
- A way to make precision cuts (either a die cutting machine like a Cricut or Cricut Truecontrol Knife with safety mat under)
- Gather supplies in desired colors listed above.
- Cut out cardstock to dimensions you prefer. I did a 5 1/2 inch Circle as my base in the video)
- Layer pieces together using foam tape between layers for dimension or you could just use craft glue if you don’t have the foam tape on hand.
- Add your flower to the center, again with foam tape or with craft glue.
- Using a Hole punch put a hole on each piece that you would like to have a feather come down from, as well as where you would like to place your ribbon on top for it to hang from if you want that to be an option. J
- Add the beads and string/wire to the bottom as well as a feather to finish it off.
- Now you have a wonderful piece of wall art or a card with serious wow factor!
Thank you Maura for allowing us to share in your inspiration!! Here are our finished projects:
Please feel free to visit our Facebook group and post pictures if you make anything we inspire you create. We would love to see what you come up with!!!
Have a great day, and keep creating!!