When my daughter went to the dentist she wanted to have her cat wear a mask just like she was so it wasn’t as scary. This is what we came up with 5 mins before leaving.
- Material that is the right size for the toy
- 2 elastic hair ties
- 1 wire twist tie for bread or garbage bags
- Fold material to have raw edges toward the center and not exposed on the sides to help your kids not pick at the toy’s mask.
- While laying flat, slide material through the hair ties so that they are roughly 1/3 of the way in on each side. Fold the material in towards the middle. Depending on the time and if available put a piece of 2 sided tape to secure the material on each side but have it easily removed later.
- Put the mask on the toy securing the 2 hair ties behind the toys head by using the twist tie. And you’re on your way!
Now your child’s toy can be safe and healthy too! You can remind your child to help their toy be safe, which also helps them remember to be safe. They have to provide an example of the way to keep the mask on and try not to touch it or their face to keep the mask in place. They are responsible for them after all. 🙂
Happy outings all!!