Upcycling at it’s finest involves using only items that would otherwise be thrown away. The scarecrow that I make in this post is very very close to that. My kids were done with the sticker book and about ready to throw it away. Me being me however, stopped them and said, okay, mommy’s turn to use it then.
I used eyes and a scarf that were in the book and then added a nose and mouth that I had from doing this with a group previously, and a ribbon that I already had in my stash. I also reused a bail of hay that had previously been used as a decoration and spread out. Check it out on Facebook below:
- Jar or bottle or plastic container – Any shape desired (Who says it needs to be a certain shape? We’re creating here!!)
- Stickers/markers made for glass
- wire ribbon
- cloth/fabric (reuse old doll clothes perhaps)
- Depending on your choice of add on you may need a glue gun and glue.
- Stuff your container with straw.
- Add a face with your chosen medium.
- Decorate how you see fit…. But most of all have fun!!!
Until next time, keep creating!