My daughter loves this type project!!! We do it quite often. This time I let her use the glue gun for the first time. Can you say nervous momma?? I wanted to try to curb my natural inclination to jump in, so did it live….. that way I had an audience. lol. I think she did very well, but needs a little more practice. By the end she was ready to have me do it so it didn’t have to be redone again from falling apart. Here is our video that we did Live on Facebook.
I then posted another video with some of the things that we ended up making with the ovals we glued that day… and then posted this one… that had audio… technical difficulties, oh well:
Supplies for the toilet paper roll/paper towel roll (either work):
- Pencil or Marking tool of your choice
- Toilet paper roll/Paper towel cleaned of any remaining material
- Glue gun/Hot glue
- Gather supplies. I do recommend hot glue on the high heat setting since it hard to keep them in place long enough to dry otherwise and if it’s not hot enough it will dry too fast and you can’t place it correctly.
- Flatten your tubes and mark off at 1/2 inch increments. I find that for toilet paper rolls of varying companies this leaves an even amount with no waste.
- Cut the roll along your markings to make oval rings.
- Glue the rings together in the desired shapes. Have fun with it!!!! The first video has some options of placing the rings together, and the second video has some of our finished projects for some inspiration of different crafts. Take it and run with it! You’ll be amazed at what littles will come up with for projects for them too.
This craft can also be a great way to do something while talking about a subject you want to really bring up with your children too. Such as sharing, or taking turns, or safety.
Have a great day, and keep creating!!