I have been seeing these scatter screen pumpkins on Pinterest and I wanted to try one for myself because unlike a lot of other DIY projects, this one stands up on its own after you’re finished.
- Three scatter screens from Dollar Tree
- Spray Paint
- Hot Glue Gun
- Floral Wire
- Lay out your splatter screens and spray paint them. Let them dry and then flip them over and spray paint the other side. Keep in mind that one of the handles will be used for the stem and so paint it according to the color that you want it to be. I used wax to cover my stem a brown color after painting the entire pumpkin all one color. Let it dry completely
- Use floral wire or hot glue and bind the three pieces together in the shape of a pumpkin. I put my middle screen on top and then added the two others behind it. You may wish to use twine or ribbon to go around the circles to give it more of a pumpkin look. I left mine as just painted.
- Hot glue your flowers where you want them at the top of the pumpkin. I just ended up squishing mine in the places I wanted and leaving them because it worked out fine and I didn’t have any hot glue at the time.
- Use your hot glue or floral wire to attach a bow to the front of your pumpkin.