I had a lot of fun making these festive wood ornaments. I had gotten them in the impulse section of the store as you walk in to my local Fry’s Grocery in early February. They were labelled as gift tags, but I thought they’d make excellent ornaments! I have quite a few friends, Katy (Little Katy Bugs) is actually one of them, that has a tree up all year round that they decorate in each holiday’s theme ornaments. This would be a great thing for kids to do as well. Since they are wood, you can decorate them with different types of paint or stain and really get creative.
I have above the 2 sets I completed pictured as follows: left is front, middle is back, and right is front individually.
I did one set at night after my kids had gone to bed:
I then continued the next morning with this:
- Pre-cut Wood Ornaments
- Paint/stain: (I use these between the 2 videos)
- MinWax Stain Marker in Dark Walnut
- Apple Barrel Key West Matte Finish Acrylic Paint
- Apple Barrel Cardinal Crimson Matte Finish Acrylic Paint
- Apple Barrel White Gloss Finish Acrylic Paint
- Paint Brushes
- Safe space to paint (protected or not cared about surface)
- Paint pallette (something safe to have your paint on to work with)
- Get all supplies out and your safe space prepared.
- Put a little of your desired paint on your pallette space.
- Have fun painting! See my video for how I mixed the colors and added stain in certain areas on others for a different look.
- Let dry, and enjoy on your tree or as a gift to others!
Have a great day, and I hope this inspires you to keep creating things you love!!