Hi All!! Happy Earth Day 2020!!!
Today we decided to create some Earth Day People for our craft using scraps from my bin. (Thanks Ms. Anna – my son’s teacher – for the inspiration!!!)
- Contruction paper/Colored paper/paper plate in the color (or painted or colored) blue
- Contruction paper/Colored paper in the color (or painted or colored) green
- Contruction paper/Colored paper in the color (or painted or colored) white
- Marker/googley eyes/crayon/additional paper or stickers (to make face)
- Using the supplies or ideas listed above, create a round blue base for the planet Earth.
- Cut up pieces of green paper or color in areas of green for the land on the earth.
- Glue green pieces on the blue base.
- Next make strips of white paper into accordion folds 2 shorter and 2 longer for arms and legs. Attach with glue to the back.
- Add face details with desired method.
- Hang up your beautiful work!!!
I hope this simple craft inspires some conversation about the planet and how we as it’s caretakers can make a difference. Here is a video that my kids enjoyed to help explain what Earth Day is about: https://youtu.be/PePymheJcbc.