Donna Beth here!! So yesterday I fixed my car magnet that had been ruined from the weather here in Arizona. This is the finished product. Please check out the Facebook Video for how I did it.
- Old magnet
- Soap and water
- paper towel to dry it
- Adhesive backed magnet sheets (See our supply list shortly) https://littlekatybugs.com/?s=supplies
- X-acto knife, Cricut Truecontrol Knife, precise sharp scissors or something similar
- Somewhere to cut it out that has a safe surface (I used a self-healing fabric cutting mat from Cricut)
- Remove all old magnetic material.
- Wash vinyl front with soap and water, rinse and dry well.
- Put the magnet on the reverse side of the magnet paper (where the backing is) to cut out a more precise piece.
- Take the backing off and adhere adhesive side of the magnet paper to the back of the magnet.
- Cut around the vinyl.
- Enjoy your magnet again!!!
As always I hope this inspires you to fix more things and create a thing you love (or fix it.) Have a great day!