Like everything that I tend to make, I started with one creation which lead me to a remake creation. Both things were cute but this finished product matches my home decor more. I love it.
- Dollar Tree Felt Birds
- Dollar Tree Ping Pong Balls
- Hot Glue
- Paint Brushes
- Paint the ping pong balls in the color that you want. I used the color mineral by Waverly chalk paint.
- Paint the birds in the color that you want. I used Apple Barrel white acrylic paint for half of the birds and moss Waverly chalk paint for the others.
- After the birds were dry, I went around the edges of the bird in the opposite color. Don’t forget to go around the wing and eye areas.
- Take the ribbon and make bows for each of the birds.
- Hot glue the bows onto the birds.
- Take some yarn and run it through an embroidery needle. Make sure that you leave a little extra so the yarn doesn’t fall out of the needle.
- I ran the yarn through three of the ping pong balls followed by one bird and repeated that process until they were all on my yarn.
Click on the links below to view the video tutorials of both projects using the birds to make garland.